A wellness evolution Health and Wellness Supplements
With so much processed food in the marketplace, obesity in adults and childhood obesity dramatically on the rise not to mention the increasingly more common digestive problems individuals report, it's clear that we're facing a serious food crisis in this country. The answer, however, isn't just to go on a diet and lose weight. At a wellness evolution, we want you to lose weight, improve your energy, improve organ and system function and create balance through proper metabolism. Reducing the intake of refined and processed non-foods and increasing whole foods certainly can improve one's health. But often times we need more and the use of nutritional supplements can help put you on the road to wellness fast and effectively. At a wellness evolution, we have incorporated top proprietary blends of vitamins, homeopathic, nutritional and herbal supplements to help you achieve lifelong wellness and avoid future illness and disease. Our goal at a wellness evolution is very simple. Let us teach you how to live a healthier life, how we may be able to help you feel better, look better and enjoy a richer fuller life.
Reasons Why You Must Take Supplements
- Food irradiation: is a food processing technique to extend the shelf life of food by destruction of harmful microorganisms and delay of ripening. The food is exposed to ionizing energy and radiation. However, this process also eliminates the essential nutrients especially water soluble vitamins and antioxidants. Food irradiation is widely used in products like chicken, meats, and vegetables. This technique is approved and used in more than 40 countries world wide.
- Environmental Pollution: Everyday millions of kilograms of chemicals are dumped into our environment. These wastes go to the air, water and food that we eat. For example, if you eat fish, you are quite likely to consume excessive mercury at the same time. Studies show that environmental pollution is the main cause for degenerative diseases. Thus, you need quality and potent health supplements to detoxify your body against the pollution and boost your immune system.
- Genetically modified (GM) foods: are crop plans created for human or animal consumption with advanced technology. GM foods are created to improve crop protection and improve the nutritional value. Although all GM foods you see from the market passed risk assessment, there are no long term studies to indicate that they are safe for humans. In fact, genetically modified foods can cause allergic reaction in some people. In addition, rat studies have shown that consumption of genetically modified foods increased intestinal infections and suppressed the immune system.
- Soil depletion: Aggressive farming, acid rains, use or artificial fertilizers and synthetic pesticides have caused soil depletion. These activities deplete the essential nutrients in the soil. As a result, nutritional values of fruits and vegetables are greatly reduced. In fact, the vegetables you eat today taste bland due to the lack minerals in the soil. According to a recent study sponsored by the United Nations Environment Program (UNEP), about 17% of land in the world has been damaged. Most of the soil is either slowly losing nutrients, or no longer contains the essential nutrients we need for proper diet and nutrition.
- Lifestyle: Depending on your lifestyle and behavior, you may need nutritional supplements. For example, smoking destroys certain vitamins. Both first hand and second hand smokers need to take extra antioxidants to protect the body against free radicals. Excessive alcohol consumption impairs the body's ability to absorb many nutrients and inhibits the production of digestive enzymes. In the above mentioned situations, taking supplements is a MUST to stay healthy. Other examples that require extra supplementation include: athletes, pregnant women, people who work in radioactive environments and those who work in physically demanding and stressful occupations. Even the water you drink at home and shower or bathe with is filled with chlorine and chemicals that put stress on your body. In our modern world as we know it today, it's almost impossible to avoid being bombarded by chemicals and pollutants.
- Stress: is not an unusual term to many of us. Stress can deplete your energy, lead to acceleration of the aging process and numerous degenerative diseases. The symptoms of stress include fatigue, depression, panic, anxiety, loss of appetite, and insomnia. Fortunately, there are supplements that can work to effectively reduce the detrimental effects of stress, and also relieve the symptoms of stress.
- Pesticides in foods: Pesticides are widely used in agricultural activities to control and destroy pests. Pesticides are poisonous and reside in our foods. According to a study by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the health benefits of fruits and vegetables are reduced by the use of pesticides. When you eat foods that contain pesticides, they may cause health problems to your immune system, nervous and hormonal system. Unfortunately, there is no way you can detect pesticides in foods but it's a great reason to eat organic.
- Food Processing: Most of the foods from supermarkets are processed. Processed foods are not fresh and contain fewer nutrients compared to fresh foods. For example, grain peels which contain natural fiber are removed in the processing stage. Processed foods also contain no live enzymes. Enzymes are necessary for digestion and metabolic function. Lack of enzymes can cause degenerative diseases. In addition, processed foods contain refined sugar, extra salt, unhealthy fat, and chemical additives. These substances may bring negative impacts to your body.