Finally a form of exercise everyone can stick with!
Wether you're looking to reduce weight, fight cellulite, build muscle, improve flexibility or even improve your golf swing, Whole Body Vibration Threapy (WBVT) will help you reach your fitness goals. Vibration training is low impact and gentle, enabling anyone, regardless of their age or fitness levels to use it. One can get the benefits of exercise without putting strain on joints or bones.
On a Whole Body Vibration machine, the platform you stand on moves very rapidly. This controlled motion is transferred up through your body. All of your body tissues are forced to react to the stimulus of the vibrating platform. Blood flow increases considerably and more oxygen gets circulated throughout your body. Lymphatic drainage improves which aids in detoxification and increased bone mineral density. The way you position your body on the vibrating platform determines what tissues are affected. You have complete control over the body part you want to target and how challenging the workout is.
The benefits of Whole Body Vibration Therapy
- WBVT works and tones your muscles more efficiently and effectively than conventional exercises
- WBVT increases your lymphatic drainage and the release of endorphins
- WBVT trains your equilibrium sense for improved balance and coordination
- WBVT enhances your blood flow, metabolism and oxygenation
- WBVT improves bone mineral density
- WBVT lowers your stress hormone Cortisol
- WBVT increases your range of motion in joints
- WBVT reduces your tightness in ligaments, tendons and relives the stressed muscles
The contraindications of Whole Body Vibration Therapy
- Acute arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Serious cardiovascular disease
- Recent wounds from an operation or surgery
- Hip and knee implants
- Severe migraine
Children under age 12